Sunday, October 2, 2011

.

If you like it, PUT A RING ON IT. . .     OR NOT
Ring or no ring? That is the question. .
With my recent engagement ALOT of questions have been raised about why I'm not wearing a ring.
NO
I'm not wearing a ring. So many questions were raised that it actually began to upset me, then I thought to myself "Who am I trying to prove something to?"
NO ONE.  
That's who.
&& with that I felt so much more comfortable with our decision that it doesn't even bother me anymore. WHY? Because it's for no one else to understand BUT US.
So, with that being said
Let's start with the basics & then we'll go into why I've made the decision I've made. It is tradition of the U.S. for a man to propose to a woman with a ring. The purpose of the ring is to show that the man is able to take care of the woman & what extent he is willing to go to in order to take care of home. So basically, if he can save up then dish out a couple thousand dollars than he will more than likely make things happen financially to take care of home. So all in all the engagement ring is a sign of financial commitment. Very well thought out if I do say so myself.
NOW
With that being said my fianceè & I have known each other for the past 4 years. He's done NOTHING BUT take care of me since day one. So I began feeling like the proof wasn't needed.
I also feel like there is too much emphasis put on rings & not enough emphasis put on the marriage itself. Who gives a rat's tail about a ring if the man can't take care of home?
Just because he presents a ring doesn't automatically mean that the marriage will last && just because he doesn't present one doesn't mean that it won't.
I WILL SAY 
That if he doesn't present a ring because he can't afford it yet or because he is not financially stable then maybe you guys do need to wait it out. Atleast until you are financially stable enough to stand your own ground as a couple.
Needless to say ladies
Don't let your friends or family make you feel a certain way if you don't have a ring. An engagement is simply a promise to marry.
BUT
Make sure that you are cautious :)
Sincerely, 
Venus

No comments:

Post a Comment